- Michael GUINCHARD (EN-MME-EDM) - Measurement & Experimental Instrumentation
- Patrick BESTMANN (BE-GM-ASG) - Survey
- Marco CALVIANI (SY-STI-TCD) - Target & Material Expert
- Alessandro BERTARELLI (EN-MME-EDS) - Target & Material Expert
- Christelle GAIGNANT / Andreas HERTY (BE-ASR-SU) - Beams Departmental Security Officer
- Verena KAIN (BE-OP-SPS) - Beam Operation
- Francesco VELOTTI (SY-ABT-BTP) - Beamline and Beam Delivery Optics
- Thibaut LEFEVRE (SY-BI) / Stephane BURGER (SY-BI-PM) - Beam Instrumentation
- Eloise MATHESON (BE-CEM) - Expert for Equipment under BE-CEM responsibility
- Florent PHILIPPON / Helmut VINCKE (HSE-RP-AS) - Radiation protection (studies and operation, including handling and waste management)
- Nikolaos CHARITONIDIS (BE-EA-LE) - Chairperson
- Pascal SIMON (BE-EA-LE) - Scientific Secretary
- Aboubakr Ebn RAHMOUN (BE-EA-DC) - Deputy HiRadMat Installations
Contact the board members: email@example.com
The HiRadMat Technical Board is set up to review the health & safety, radiation protection, pre and post-beam planning and operative aspects of the proposals approved by the HiRadMat Scientific Board. For each cycle of experiments, two technical boards shall take place: one prior to IEFC approval and one after.
The Technical Board examines if the following criteria are met by the experiments:
- Approval by the HiRadMat Scientific Board.
- Safety file and pulse list submitted two weeks prior to Technical Board review meeting, with the possibility of feedback from the board and replies from the experimental and operation teams (either in advance or during the meeting).
- Detailed timeline of activities (preparation, installation, beam time, post-irradiation, future plans) with a list of resources required at each stage (e.g. services and support requests, people-power estimates).
- Health & Safety risk assessment
- Radiation Protection Analysis of (but not limited to);
- Dose estimates for experiment
- Dose estimates for personnel (particularly important if installing irradiated material)
- Handling of irradiated materials/experimental tank
- Post-irradiation planning (timelines including cool-down, removal constraints)
The board meets several times per year according to the schedule and preparation of the experiment.