- Bernie RIEMER, ORNL-retired, USA - Chairperson
- Takashi NAOE, J-PARC/JAEA, JP
- Frederique PELLEMOINE, FNAL, USA
- Lorenzo PERONI, POLITO, EU
- Rudiger SCHMIDT, CERN-retired, EU
- Stefano SGOBBA, CERN
- Marilena TOMUT, GSI/University of Munster, EU
- Nikolaos CHARITONIDIS, CERN - HiRadMat Coordination
- Alice GOILLOT, CERN - Scientific Secretary
Contact the board members: email@example.com
The HiRadMat Scientific Board is a body of experts, appointed to review the scientific merit of proposals. The board aims to provide a decision based on the following key elements of the experiments:
- The scientific case of each experiment and details on the significant contribution towards the advancement of the state-of-the-art knowledge on materials, components and systems associated with particle accelerators and the physical sciences.
- The feasibility of the proposed experiment based on HiRadMat beam parameters, facility capabilities and availability.
- The completeness of the proposed experimental process, i.e. initial concept, pre-experiment planning, in-situ experimental configuration, post experimental planning.
- The thoroughness of the pre-experiment assessment, parameter envelope and the clarity of the experimental goals.
- The clarity and the detailed description of the post-irradiation analysis and the identification of the key scientific and technical questions/answers that are to be deduced following from the experiment.
- Publication of experimental results and their utilisation by the accelerator community.
The board meets about 2-3 times a year.